To assist clients in holistic development by providing quality mental health services.
- To assist clients in developing coping strategies in the areas in which they need assistance through individual counseling and/or group counseling.
- To assist children and adolescents with coping strategies to deal with the challenges of life including coping with family issues, peers, school and more.
- To assist the parents in coping with challenges of parenting through seminars, workshops and/or focus groups highlighting further development of parenting skills.
- To offer referrals and recommendations as the need arises.
- To provide emergency mental health services.
Jenna Samaroo is a Counselling Psychologist. She did her B.Sc. in Psychology at the University of the West Indies, St. Augustine. She completed her M.Sc. in Counselling Psychology at the University of the West Indies, Cavehill. Jenna is a member of the Trinidad and Tobago Association of Psychologist (TTAP), and has been practicing for the last two years. She has experience in working with children, adolescents, individuals and families. She is a consultant with St. Dominic Children’s Home, The John Paul II Centre, St. Jude and Holy Name Trade centre. She has been doing ongoing training in Psychology. In 2010 she completed Developmentally Informed, Evidence Based Treatment Practices with Traumatized Children and Adolescents with Dr. Palmer from Seaton Hall University.
Benefits of Counselling
- Personal insight.
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Ability to cope better in difficult circumstances.
- Increased emotional awareness of self and others.
- Improved relationships.
- More effective communication.
- Resolution of conflicts.
- Clarification of confused thoughts and feelings.
- Increased motivation.
Children and Adolescents
Service : Individual and Group counselling
- Coping strategies.
- Talk therapy.
- Art Therapy.
- Play Therapy and Worksheets.
- Group counselling which include role play, team building activities and positive peer pressure.
Service: Individual Counselling
- Talk Therapy.
- Coping strategies.
- Skills training.
Service : Workshops, seminars and focus groups that will include sessions in the following areas;
Assisting parents to understand the dynamism of parenting in the present time.
- 21st Century child.
- Impact of technology in the 21st century child
- How to parent in a technological savvy world.
- Shared experience of parenting.
Referrals will be given in the event that a client presents a problem that is outside the scope of a psychologist.
When necessary suggestions will be given in order to handle specific situations.